Notice my contact info to the right, if you want to contact me with any questions. I would also like to say that I do attempt to give credit where credit is due. I do not make any claims to cakes in my blog except the ones in my slideshow. If I show a cake I will try to post some type of identifer with it, however, if I don't know who posted the cake it is impossible for me to do that. I am only using the cake to illustrate a specific technique.







Tuesday, October 2, 2012

No-Fail Sugar Cookies

Now I know what your thinking, what does cookies have to do with cake decorating and design.  Well, let me tell you.  You can decorate cakes with many different mediums...gumpaste, fondant, buttercream transfers, royal icing transfers...and yes, cookies.  If you don't believe me, do some surfing on the web.

I found this Sugar Cookie Recipe on cakecentral.com, and it was posted by Jackie.  There is also a tutorial posted by antonia74  showing an exact method to bake these cookies perfectly without fail. These cookies are awesome, and if you follow the instructions as she has given them, you will have some really awesome cookies.

I won't go into significant detail, because as I have said, there is a complete tutorial here.  I just wanted to expand your mind to another method of decorating.  Halloween is coming up.  Imagine a cake with tombstone cookies or a haunted house cookie with frankenstein peeking his head around the corner.  A ghost cookie coming out of the cake with crushed up oreo cookies for the dirt.  Let you imagination go wild.  If you have a cookie cutter for it,  you can do it.  Ideas can be limitless if you can cut the shapes out freehand. 

Here are some pictures of cookies I made with my grandchildren.  Give them a try.  We had a blast!






 

No comments:

Post a Comment